Tuesday, January 27, 2015

EPIC Chromebook FAIL!

  • Get the key for chromebook carts...check
  • Roll them into my room by myself...check
  • Prep my intro slide about socrative.com (which is amazing!) ...check
  • Kids are here, take attendance and lunch count...check
  • Begin my speech about my great two days in Las Vegas at the GAFE Summit ...DOUBLE CHECK
As I get my class to begin passing out chromebooks and logging in to their Google accounts, a student tells me that her chromebook has 'No Network'.  I figure that it is this one chromebook and infamously say, "Just shut down and restart". Surely this  phrase will fix it! DOOM! More students have indicated that their chromebooks have "NO NETWORK"! WHY! District GODS WHY! Well before my dung ball can get any bigger, I inform my students to STOP! I quickly, using my teacher voice, tell those that have the dreadful NO NETWORK to put their chromebooks back in the cart.  I do not make eye contact because the disappointment will kill me...I know it!  Those whom have remained will now partner quad up because I will demonstrate the great program socrative because I need this affirmation that this fail will not break me!
My kids were over the moon! OOHHHS and AHHHHS filled the room! From 44 chromebooks to only 16 operational ones...I am a success! The IT guy just got 28 help tickets from one teacher...ohhhhh yeah!  At lunch time, I find out that my principal had already informed the IT guy on Friday...oops! Either way today was a WIN-WIN!

On a side note, I get home and my nephews decide they want nachos, to watch Netflix in my room, and thankfully not at the same time...looks like I'm grading papers into the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment