Thursday, February 5, 2015

Google OVERDRIVE!

When my nephews get excited about something, they get crazy! They all talk at once, yell, run back and forth, and have this weird laugh.  This laugh borders the sanity level. It is an evil villain laugh mixed with a hiccup.  Seriously it is weird yet it runs in the family. 
 So prior to leaving for Las Vegas to the GAFE Summit, my principal informed myself and my teaching partner that upon our return if we could SHARE what we learned.  OF COURSE! I was excited and nervous at the same time.  Well now it is becoming a staff development of what we learned and we will train some staff in the ways of GAFE. SO in a conversation with my principal, she mentions that we could separate the staff into two groups to ease the load of such a large group.  In the midst of our conversation, that weird evil villain hiccup laugh came out! I tried to act cool but I just couldn't and we just laughed about it.  MORTIFIED...YES. HILARIOUS...DOUBLE YES! Just blame the nerves and the excitement.  My teaching partner (who is beyond awesome and the greatest friend ever) and I will be sharing what we learned in 2 weeks! In addition, I made my first EVER form with a 'choose your own adventure' enhancement to help gather feedback from the staff on what they know or feel their learning level is with GAFE. Currently I am working on collaborative science projects and using forms with my students on a daily basis.  
We did finish our collaborative math projects which were a BLAST and will continue working on a second batch with videos! WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment