Wednesday, February 18, 2015

First Staff Training!

Since coming back from the GAFE summit in Las Vegas, I have tried to use some type of tech every day! In addition, I have had my students dive right on in with me. I knew that my colleague and I would need to show the staff what we have learned at the GAFE summit.  So we sent out a form collected our data and sorted our staff into two groups (beginners and proficient users).  I instructed the beginners which I was hesitant for I did not want to overwhelm them but show them the way of GAFE...LOL. The feedback that I got from my colleagues was positive and I didn't overwhelm them as much as I thought I would.  The BEST highlight was having them find a Google doc that I shared with them and having them all day and explaining/showing what REAL time collaboration looked like! MINDBLOWING! It was so much fun.  I truly enjoyed helping, providing tips to ease our workload as teachers, and showing them ways to incorporate technology into their instruction.  I had a PERMA-GRIN the entire presentation.  My principal sat in both our trainings and was so pleased with us that she asked for us to do another set in two weeks! I LOVE THIS! I can't wait. In fact, I am looking to see if there is another GAFE training I can go to during spring break or in the next several weeks. I use my Uncle Sam money to fund this! LOL On a side note, just figured out how to schedule a text message to be sent from my phone.  That is right! A scheduled message as a reminder to someone else. For example, in my house we have Arrowhead water delivered once a month.  So I scheduled a text to be sent to my mom tomorrow morning to remind her to take out the empty bottles.  I know #firstworldproblems! I am on cloud 9 and I hope I can get some sleep tonight! What a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment