Saturday, August 1, 2015

GAFE: Health Restored!



I'm BACK! :) 
So I  know that it has been awhile since I have written but I PROMISE that I will be better :). Since my last blog post, I have:

  • Done 3-4 staff trainings (sort of lost count, not to mention the tons of 1:1 help)
  • Complete 4 DISTRICT trainings 
  • Have attended 2 GAFE related events (including this summit)
  • Created Lead Learners within my classroom and colleagues
  • Currently attempting to gain my Google Educator Trainer Certification
  • Meeting with our Director of Technology next week to discuss our "Google" plan for the year!
AND school starts in 2 weeks!

Living in the world of Google-ly goodness can be very tricky because you are never satisfied...you want more! Luckily, you will learn something new every time; a new trick, apps, extension (GOOGLE TONE...thank you EdTech Ari for showing this amazing tool), or have a brain bomb with the endless possibilities of YouTube and Google Classroom.  Visit Tracy Purdy's Website for great tips on using YouTube...it was fantastic and extremely informative.  I am excited about what I can bring back to my classroom and school site! To try new things and to continue to support others in the way of GAFE.

I am always so impressed by EdTech Team.  They are so willing to help even in the middle of their presentation for those lost tech souls, are approachable and follow you back on twitter (can you hear my squeal of delight!), and extremely friendly even when they are stalked by me for a photo-op (view them on twitter: @apajaimes). Do they not know that they are Tech Celebrities? I can now relate to those girls that cry when they meet their favorite celebrities. LOL I didn't cry but the geek inside be screamed with joy to meet them all! Anyhow, they are very gracious and when I grow up I want to be like them!  Hey EdTech, if you are hiring let me know! 

I am in the process of revamping my blog for the 10x time but I am working on How-to Videos for my staff and now with gained knowledge creating playlists of great informative videos about this Google train of awesomeness! 

Time for DEMO SLAM, DINNER, REST, SLEEP, and more Google stalking...I mean learning! Bring on DAY 2!


Here is a great PicFlow of my @breakoutedu session with James Sanders! Thank you Natalie for the great pictures!
https://instagram.com/p/527PIapDrv/

No comments:

Post a Comment